Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Causes of infertility
Authors: Blundell, Renald
Keywords: Infertility
Infertility, Female
Infertility, Male
Issue Date: 2007
Publisher: Medwell
Citation: Blundell, R. (2007). Causes of infertility. International Journal of Molecular Medicine and Advance Sciences, 3(1), 63-65.
Abstract: Infertility is described as the lack of conception after one year of unprotected intercourse (Bayer et al., 2002). However, the amount of time after which treatment to a couple is administered varies considerably. It might be greatly reduced in the case of an obvious infertility problem, such as blockage of the fallopian tubes. Considering that there is an approximate 15-20% chance per month of achieving pregnancy, and that about 73-80% of couples achieve pregnancy before six months of trying, it is justified that an infertility evaluation and treatment are initiated after six months rather than one year of trying.
ISSN: 1813176X
Appears in Collections:Scholarly Works - FacM&SPB

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Causes of Infertility.pdf519.35 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.