Update (12/03): Event has been cancelled by organiser.
The Department of Statistics and Operations Research will be hosting a career event for our undergraduate students. This event provides an opportunity for our students to listen to talks and interact with persons who make use of Statistics and Operations Research on a daily basis. Full details follow. Refreshments will also be served.
Presentation 1: “Career at the National Statistics Office”
- Ms Lara Pace (Principal Statistician/Social Dictorate) and
- Mr Eusebio Bezzina (Head of the Department and Staff Development)
from the National Statistics Office. NSO produces high-quality official statistics and analysis for better decision making in Malta. It is responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis and publication of a wide range of statistical information and related matters.
Presentation 2: “Processing data and statistics at the Central Bank of Malta”
- Ms Lara Cilia (Senior Economist Statistician in the Monetary and Financial Statistics section)
- Ms Kimberly Mamo (Economist Statistician in the External, Payments and Securities Office)
from Central Bank of Malta. The main objective of the Central Bank and Eurosystem is to maintain price stability. In order to meet this objective, the Central Bank of Malta participates in the preparation and decision-making process of the Eurosystem's monetary policy.
Presentation 3: “Risk Management for Hedge Funds”
- Ms Michela Scicluna (Risk Associate)
- Mr Owen Caruana (Senior Risk Associate)
from Mirabella Group. Mirabella is a regulatory hosting firm operating in Malta and London, servicing firms that seek to conduct regulated activities, but which are not yet regulated in the appropriate manner.
Presentation 4: “BSc. Maths and Statistics - The first stepping stone towards Actuarial Science”
- Mr Andrea Fenech Adami (Actuary)
from Mapfre MSVLife. MAPFRE MSV Life p.l.c. (MSV) is Malta’s largest life insurance company and the leading provider of life insurance protection, long term savings and retirement planning in Malta.
Presentation 5: “Data Analysis in the Telecom Industry”
- Ms Annalise Azzopardi (Customer Insights Analyst)
from Melita. Melita is a diversified telecommunications operator in Malta offering internet, television, telephony and mobile services.
Presentation 6: “Statistics & Analytics in iGaming”
- Ms Janet Chetcuti (Senior Business Insight Analyst)
from Betsson Group. Betsson Group is one of the largest companies within the European igaming industry, offering casino, sportsbook and other games via gaming licenses.