Historic urban centres are a vast treasure-house of built heritage. Many of the details and features that may be encountered in the streets of historic centres remain undiscovered by most of the people who walk past them each day.
The goal of the Interreg Italia-Malta I-ACCESS project is to make it easier to discover more of the architectural treasures in the streets of Valletta and Palermo, and the fascinating stories behind them. The project will deliver a set of innovative resources to facilitate this in inclusive ways that help overcome disability.
A public debate on the challenges and opportunities to achieve this in Valletta is being held online on Wednesday 24 February 2021 from 0930 to 1230. Stakeholders in cultural heritage, disability, and hospitality, and the interested public, are invited to participate and to share their views on accessibility of cultural heritage in the streets of Valletta, and how this may be improved. An online survey will also be launched during the meeting.
- 09:30 - Welcome addresses and introduction
- 09:50 - Launch of online opinion poll
- 10:10 - Theme 1: Is Valletta accessible to all?
- 10:40 -Theme 2: Cultural heritage in Valletta’s streets: The challenge of access
- 11:10 -Theme 3: Opportunities and potential of cultural heritage in Valletta’s streets
- 11:50 - Roundup and conclusion
- 12:00 - Meeting closure
To participate, kindly fill the online registration form by Monday 22 February.