[Photo by John Ambrogio]
Title: Department of Dance Studies Dance Tour 2021: Ctrl
Date: Friday 28 May 2021
Venue: Premiering via YouTube (see below)
Set a reminder for the Premier:
Control. Feel free. Just listen quietly to the sound of my voice. The only sound you need to think about is the sound of my voice. It's easy. Just focus on my voice. Shhh... It's ok. Don't worry. Don't worry, I'm here, you can trust me.
Mind – social – emotional – cognitive – self – gun – air traffic – internal – external – CONTROL.
Control is an illusion constantly affecting human perception.
What does it mean to be in control?
How does it feel to be controlled by someone?
What happens when we lose control?
Welcome to ‘Ctrl’ - a creative exploration of different aspects of control, the world of timeless manipulation and ceaseless uncertainty.
- Choreography, sound and light design: Alicja Sośnia
- Performers: Maria Agius Muscat, Matthew Cilia, Katherine Green, Valentina Vidal
- Technical direction: Matthew Gellel, Neil Zerafa
- Videography: Sam Chetcuti
- Academic coordinators: Sara Accettura, Paula Guzzanti, Lucía Piquero
- Special thanks to: Clive Ferrante, Stefan Sacco, Stefan Aquilina