For the past several weeks, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Library has shifted its operations to deliver most of its core services remotely to users.
However, following the developments announced by the Health Authorities, and in agreement with the UM Emergency Situation Team, as of Friday, 5 June 2020, the Main Library and its outlying branches will, once again, open its doors to users.
This is being done while being respectful of the precautions advised by the Health Authorities. Therefore, the following measures are being adhered to:
- Opening hours are Mondays to Fridays between 08:00 and 17:00 (5 June – 30 June). Opening hours for the summer months will be communicated in due course;
- The Library will be open for the circulation of print publications and consultation of reference sources;
- For the consultation reference sources, users are to reserve a 30-minute slot by sending an email here or here;
- The study areas, desks and workstations will not be available for use;
- Anyone entering the premises should be wearing a mask or visor;
- Users will be checked for body temperature prior to entering the premises.