Dr Mario Pace, a Resident Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Education has been invited as one of the speakers in the QS Subject Focus Summit - Modern Languages and Linguistics, to be held virtually between 15 and 17 of December 2020.
The Summit will focus on “Languages and Migration in a Globalised World” and will explore topics such as:
- Interdisciplinarity in modern linguistic studies;
- Intercultural and cross-cultural communication;
- Barrier-free education environment;
- Comparative studies of languages and cultures;
- Migration and lingua-cultural identity;
- Language for special purposes;
- Linguistics and artificial intelligence;
- Dynamics of languages in minority situations; and
- COVID-19 as a new challenge for education.
This event is specifically designed for:
- Senior managers of modern languages and linguistics departments
- Academics and consultants in the field of linguistics, modern languages and cultural studies
- Policy makers working in the education sector.