University of Malta administrative, technical and industrial staff shall continue to benefit from enhanced work conditions, particularly salary increases and better grade structures. This Agreement covers the period between 1 January 2017 to end of December 2021.
- better arrangements for flexiwork
- better arrangements in the new teleworking system
- the allocated staff work resources will continue to increase from €185,000 to €240,000 until 2021
- all workers will benefit from an annual salary increase between 2017 and 2021. The average increase will amount to 2.5% annually, and by 2021 salaries will have increased by a total of 13.1%
- revisions in allowances according to staff members’ qualifications.
Photo, from left to right: Noel Caruana – UHM UM Employment Relations Representative, Nathalie Cauchi –UHM UM Committee Member, Elton J Baldacchino - UHM UM Committee Member, Isabelle Farrugia –Employment Relations Manager UHM Voice of the Workers, Jesmond Bonello – Director, UHM Voice of the Workers, Josef Vella – CEO UHM Voice of the Workers, Dr Frank Fabri – Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Education & Employment, Prof. Alfred Vella – UM Rector, Simon Sammut – UM Secretary, Jackie Fenech – UM Director HRMD, Mark Debono – University of Malta Director of Finance, Robert Abdilla – UM Deputy Director HRMD