The fee waiver
Each partial fee-waiver will cover 50% of the tuition fees for the MA Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security degree programme. The full fee is currently set at EUR 14,500. The successful applicants who are awarded a 50% fee waiver will need to fund the remaining balance from their own funds.
The MA Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security is offered jointly with the School of Conflict Analysis and Resolution of George Mason University, USA (the oldest and largest conflict resolution school in the USA) The main objective of this program is to provide students with an array of theoretical and practical tools that will enable them to deal effectively with conflicts at the micro and macro levels. It also places a specific emphasis on the Mediterranean context as an area where these skills are particularly useful. The MA in Conflict Resolution and Mediterranean Security enables students to:
- carry on a systematic and ongoing study of the nature, origins, and types of conflicts
- analyse the international relations and security scenarios of the Mediterranean and in particular the nature, types and origins of the conflicts in the region
- develop the requisite processes and conditions for the productive resolution of conflicts
- apply the theories, skills, processes and techniques to empirical case-studies that focus on the Mediterranean.
- A recognised degree as deemed relevant by the Board of the Centre for the Study and Practice of Conflict Resolution. Given the multidisciplinary character of conflict resolution, students are expected to hold a first degree obtained with second class honours or equivalent, in any of the following subjects: sociology, anthropology, political science, law, International relations, human rights, development studies, diplomacy, psychology or languages.
- English Language Proficiency. Applicants who have not studied in Malta are required to present an internationally recognised English Language Proficiency Certificate at the required level.
Ideal student profile