Scholarships in Brunei Darussalam 2021/2022
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate scholarships for people from Commonwealth countries.
The scholarship awards are available for programmes commencing in July/August 2021 in four participating institutions in Brunei Darussalam. These institutions are:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
Tuition fees and other compulsory school fees, one return economy class air ticket, allowances (personal, food, book etc.), and residential accommodation are covered in each scholarship. For specific details on the terms and conditions of the scholarship, click online. The entry requirements and the application form can also be found on this link.
Applicants are invited to enquire about any procedures directly with the Brunei Darussalam Government on email. Applicants applying with Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application. The deadline to submit the application and all documentation is 14 February, 2021. Application forms must be duly endorsed by the Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs of Malta.
Applicants are to apply also online with the Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs. The application forms are available from the Ministry’s own website. Applicants are to include also a copy of all documents submitted electronically through the Government of Brunei website.
Applicants seeking the scholarship must:
- Meet the admission/entry requirements of the chosen programme as stated by the participating institution
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country
- Be between 18-25 years old for undergraduate and diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes by 31 July 2020
- Must produce a security clearance statement from the Police
- Must possess a valid passport for the whole duration of their study in Brunei Darussalam
- Demonstrate how the degree obtained will help progress their personal and professional development
Selected candidates must also submit a testimonial related to the course awarded. The completed testimonial should reach the Scholarships Unit within 30 working days from the end of the course.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via email.