Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Corneal sensation following regeneration of the corneal epitelium
Authors: Portelli, Frank G.
Keywords: Cornea -- Sensitivity
Epithelial cells
Issue Date: 1996
Citation: Portelli, F. (1996). Corneal sensation following regeneration of the corneal epitelium. Konferenza Malta – Italia dwar l-anatomija, Valletta
Abstract: Corneal keratomy by excimer laser involves ablation of the epithelium and microscopical layers of the corneal stroma. The Cornea provides 60% of the refractive power of the eye, whilst the lens provides the other 40%. The refractive power of the cornea is mainly due to the large difference between the refractive indices of the cornea I tear film (1.376) and that of air (1.0). For surgical correction /3x zone'. For example, a 3 dioptre correction in 6mm zone requires 3/3x6'=36fl depth of ablation.
Appears in Collections:Scholarly Works - FacM&SAna

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
  Restricted Access
19.17 kBAdobe PDFView/Open Request a copy

Items in OAR@UM are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.