Event: Scientific Session of the 6th Annual Malta Rare Disease Colloquium
Date: Friday 28 May 2021
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
Venue: Online (Zoom)
Organised by the Bio-Bank at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery and the Centre for Molecular Medicine and Biobanking, University of Malta and the National Alliance for Rare Disease Support (RD Malta).
Prof. Alex Felice (University of Malta & RD Malta)
Dr Denis Vella Baldacchino (Department of Health, Malta & RD Malta)
- 14:00 - Introduction(s)
- 14:15 - Dr Keith Sacco, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, MD, U.S.A.; Primary Immune Deficiencies
- 14:30 - Dr Mary Hill, Medical Department at Takeda, Hellas. “Addressing the unmet needs of people with Rare Inherited disorders”
- 14:45 - Prof. Connie Bezzina, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Cardiac Disorders Associated with Sudden Cardiac Death: Beyond Monogenic Inheritance
- 15:00 - Break
- 15:15 - Prof. Jean Calleja Agius; Gynocare - European network for Gynaecological Rare Cancer research: From Concept to Cure
- Dr. Nikolai P. Pace; Precision genomics refines clinical definition of diabetes subtypes.
- Prof. Joseph Borg ;.A chemical biology approach to treat beta type haemoglobinopathies
- Prof. Ruben Cauchi; ALS/Motor Neuron Disease Research Program: from Genes to Treatment
- Ms Joanna Vella; An insight into mitochondrial diseases in Malta, University of Malta
- Dr Rosienne Farrugia; Genomics of Rare Disease
- 16:15 - Conclusion.
Short bios of each of the speakers are available here.
Please register online.