The terms of reference are:
- to make recommendations for the development and updating of the Quality Policy of the University so as to promote and foster its quality culture and support the implementation and the vision and strategy of the University
- to identify quality indicators so as to monitor the implementation of the strategy and the fulfillment of the vision of the University
- to access the necessary information so as to support the Committee's oversight and monitoring functions
- to undertake the necessary research on ways of improving the implementation and fulfillment of the said strategy and policy respectively
- to provide feedback for improvement to staff and entities, including training, and to recommend proposals for improvement to Senate
- to undertake and monitor the Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) processes and procedures within the University, including the external component of the IQA, and
- to prepare for and co-ordinate External Quality Assurance (EQA) procedures of the University, as an integral part of its quality culture.