The Centre for Labour Studies (CLS) is committed to high standards of research and teaching. CLS is an independent, educational, documentation and research centre at the University of Malta.
Our aim is to:
- strengthen the University's link with working persons, employers and the world of work at large; and
- promote social dialogue, active involvement and the effective participation of workers, and their representatives, in specific workplaces and in labour policy more generally.
To pursue our mission, we seek to:
- establish healthy working partnerships and promote synergies between academics, government, trade unions, employers and other actors from civil society involved in the field of labour relations
- organise educational programmes aimed at sensitising people actively involved or interested in labour issues to current trends, relevant concepts and analytical tools pertinent in this area
- act as national monitoring agency and clearing house for trends and developments occurring in employment and industrial relations
- carry out research, consultancy and disseminate information on issues related to industrial and employee relations in Malta and abroad.