|TITLE||Practice Workshops 4|
|LEVEL||04 - Years 4, 5 in Modular UG or PG Cert Course|
|DEPARTMENT||Social Policy and Social Work|
|DESCRIPTION||The principal objective of this study-unit is the integration and consolidation of knowledge, skills and abilities for social work practice. The study-unit will involve both the revisiting of material covered during the earlier stages of the course and the introduction of new knowledge and skills. Participatory learning methods will be adopted.
Topics covered include:
- Application of Problem Solving Method
- Personal Safety of Social Workers
- Health and Safety
- Court Reports and Case Conference Reports
- Supervision and Accountability
- Compton, B., Galaway, B. and Cournoyer, B.R. (2005) Social Work Processes. (7th ed.) California: Brooks/Cole.
- Gambrill, E. (2006) Social Work Practice: A Critical Thinker’s Guide. (2nd ed.) New York and Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kadushin, A. and Kadushin, G. (1997) The Social Work Interview. (4th ed.) New York: Columbia University Press.
- Trevithick, P. (2005) Social Work Skills: a practice handbook. (2nd ed.) Buckingham and Philadelphia: Open University Press.
|STUDY-UNIT TYPE||Lecture and Seminar|
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
Colette Farrugia Bennett
Holger Saliba (Co-ord.)
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the study-unit description above applies to the academic year 2017/8, if study-unit is available during this academic year, and may be subject to change in subsequent years.