Our Department manages various labs which are equipped with the latest technology.
- Communications lab
- Digital signal processing lab
- Networks lab
- Systems interfacing lab
- General purpose computers for programming, simulation, and other use. Both Windows and Linux environments are available.
- Test and measurement equipment, such as multimeters, mixed signal oscilloscopes, and function generators.
- In Circuit Emulators (ICE) for the 80386DX and the 8051 family of microcontrollers.
- 48-core Linux server for intensive simulations.
- Multimedia systems including sound systems, industrial-grade cameras, image calibration equipment, and other camera equipment.
- High-frequency sampling oscilloscope and logic analyser.
- Feedback equipment for work in analogue and digital communications.
- A 2 GHz RF generator and a 22.5 GHz spectrum anaylser for RF design.
- DSP boards, FPGA boards and microcontroller development boards, together with the software tools for interfacing.
- A number of software packages: DSP packages including Hyperception, computer network simulation package COMNET, communications design and simulation packages from Cadence BONES and SPW, Entropic HTK and Sony Sound Forge for speech analysis.
- A satellite receiver system for real-time multimedia research in the area of coding and transmission.
- Interactive whiteboard system.