Throught the years the department has been recognised with a number of awards:
- The Ambrose Fleming Premium by the Institution of Electrical Engineers, UK, September 2000, for the paper: I. Grech, J. Micallef, T. Vladimirova, "The Silicon Cochlea and its Adaptation to Spatial Localization", IEE Proceedings: Circuits, Devices and Systems, vol. 146, pp. 70-76, 1999.
- The Best Student Paper Award (3rd rank) during the 13th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, France, December 2006, for the paper: O. Casha, I. Grech, E. Gatt, J. Micallef, "Design of a 1.2 V Low Phase Noise 1.6 GHz CMOS Buffered Quadrature Output VCO with Automatic Amplitude Control", 13th ICECS Proceedings, pp. 192-195, 2006.
- The Maurice Debono Lifetime Achievement Award (2014) presented to Prof. Ing. Joseph Micallef
- European Innovation Award (2016) - Lab4MEMS
- Gold Leaf Award at PRIME 2018 - Ing. Jeremy Scerri
- CENICS 2018 Awards - Ing. Clive Seguna