The Library’s mission is to support the University’s teaching and research programmes by providing adequate scholarly information resources, emerging technologies and user support services.
As a customer-oriented and service-driven organisation, the Library is actively committed to teach users how to identify, locate, evaluate, use and synthesise information as the pivotal element of a knowledge-based society which is an asset for the prosperity of Malta’s intellectual and economic growth.
To accomplish its mission as the information centre of the University, the Library strives for excellence to:
- acquire and provide information resources which could be accessed physically and virtually
- extend the best customer service towards all Library users
- cater for the current and future teaching and research needs of patrons
- ensure the most effective use and dissemination of available information resources
- Steer and advocate in favour of Open Science
- maintain a professionally trained Library staff to help promote its services effectively
- provide a supportive environment which is conducive to innovation and creativity, and which stimulates teaching, learning, study and research
- provide instruction in information retrieval
- liaise and collaborate closely with all stakeholders
- serve as a centre for life-long learning by developing and enhancing the information literacy skills of patrons
- stimulate continuing professional development, independent and self-directed learning both individually and collaboratively
- support freedom of expression.