At the Acquisitions Department we allocate financial resources in an efficient and cost-effective way.
We work with UM academics and collaborate with colleagues to provide print and online resources that support the teaching and research programmes at UM. We are responsible for:
- providing support for collection development activities
- liaising with the Procurement Directorate to acquire new works
- processing recently acquired publications
- controlling the Library’s budget
- collaborating with the Finance Office at UM
- reporting the annual financial expenditure.
Academic members of staff are encouraged to recommend publications by submitting the book suggestion form. Ordered items can be traced on the Library online catalogue and identified through their 'In process' item status until they are catalogued and tagged as 'Item in place'. Each new work is labelled and stamped as a Library property item. Books are also equipped with security tags before being passed on to the Cataloguing Department.
Need more information?