Members of the Department are involved in the following projects.
- CARISMAND (2015-2018) – Culture And RISk management in Man-made And Natural Disasters. Awarded 3.7 million Euros (University of Malta share = €250,000) of EU Horizon2020 funding.
- CITYCoP project (2015-2018) – Citizen Interaction Technologies Yield Community Policing. Awarded 5.5 million Euros (University of Malta share = €311,000) of EU Horizon2020 funding.
- Production and Perception of morphemic consonant sequences (2016-2017). University of Malta Research Grant (€2,100)
- Improving Person Recognition Using Virtual Characters. CGSRP02-17. University of Malta Research Grant (€2,100)
- ESSENTIAL (2017-2021) – Evolving Security SciencE through Networked Technologies, Information policy And Law. Awarded 3.7 million Euros under the Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network programme for 15 fully-funded Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) to carry out doctoral research leading to a PhD.
- Processing connected speech in a Semitic (2017-2018). University of Malta Research Grant language (€2,100).
- Prosodically-conditioned fine-tuning of coarticulatory vowel nasalization in L1 vs. L2 and its perceptual consequences (2017-2019). Global Network Research Grant (€210,000) with Taehong Cho and Sahyang Kim (Seoul) and Anne Cutler (UWS).
- National Safety and Security Monitor (2018-2021) funded by the Ministry of Home Affairs and National Security (€300,000).
- An EEG study of Biological Motion. CGSRP02-18. University of Malta Research Grant (€2,100).