The Executive Master of Business Administration degree is awarded to successful participants after two to three years of part-time graduate-level university study that provides training in the theory and practice of business management. The programme aims to develop mid-to-upper level managers for organizations of all sizes and types both in the private and public sector of the economy. It emphasizes the planning, organizing, implementation and controlling of an organization. It seeks to develop knowledge of advanced business functions, decision-making skills and the understanding of the internal and external factors affecting the management of organizations. Participants have the option to select an area of concentration and focus approximately one-third of their studies in this area. The programme also allows students a more specific focus through the writing of a dissertation.
Applicants seeking admission to the Course shall have a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience excluding work carried out during full-time study and shall be:
(a) in possession of a Bachelor degree from this University or any other institution recognised by Senate with at least Third Class Honours or Category III, provided that applicants in possession of a degree with Third Class (Honours) or Category III shall satisfy the Board that they are in possession of other qualifications, including relevant experience, obtained following their first cycle degree or
(b) aged twenty-six years or over and be in possession of a higher diploma or a diploma from this University comprising not less than 90 ECTS credits in a related area with at least a Merit classification, or equivalent qualifications. Such applicants may be required to demonstrate through an interview that they are able to follow the Course with profit.
Interviews, if necessary, shall be conducted by a board composed of at least three members appointed for the purpose.
Applicants seeking admission under paragraph (b) shall be required to successfully complete a Preparatory Programme consisting of study-units to which 30 credits are assigned, with an overall average mark of 55% or better, prior to their registration as regular students on the Course.
The admission requirements are applicable for courses commencing in October 2019.
For more detailed information pertaining to admission and progression requirements please refer to the bye-laws for the course available here.
UM currently hosts over 1,000 full-time international students and over 450 visiting students. The ever-increasing international students coming from various countries, in recent years, have transformed this 400-year old institution into an international campus.
Our international students generally describe Malta as a safe place, enjoying excellent weather and an all-year varied cultural programme. Malta is considered as the ideal place for students to study.
After you receive an offer from us, our International Office will assist you with visas, accommodation and other related issues.
Total Tuition Fees: Eur 7,500 Fee per semester: Eur 1,500
Total Tuition Fees: Eur 10,800 Yr 1: Eur 5,400 - Yr 2: Eur 5,400
On completion of the Executive M.BA. Course, the participant will be able to:
• Discuss the importance of context for organizations, including legal systems, ethical, economic, environmental, social and technological change issues, international developments and corporate governance.
• Discuss the uses and limitations of a range of practical research methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, and discuss their strengths and weaknesses.
• Describe the development of Management Information Systems, discuss their impact on organizations, and explain how management can exploit their use.
• Summarise the approaches and options that exist for organizations that are considering an e-business strategy, identify the key factors that must be addressed when implementing an e-business strategy and achieve an appreciation of object models as they apply to the net.
• Appraise and assess business functions and processes and subsequently apply integrative and critical thinking skills in the formation of effective business strategies.
• Demonstrate an understanding of accounting terminology and practices enabling the participant to organize and manage the accounts to track the financial records of an organization.
• Read the financial statements of an organization, formulate a rational assessment of the situation and develop recommendations to management to increase the financial health of the organization.
• Perform an analysis of an industry and of a company within that industry to identify opportunities and formulate strategies to capitalize on that opportunity thus creating something of value.
• Show comprehension of the basic concepts and importance of production and operations management, supply chain, logistics, quality, and lean principles and how these activities are used to create products and/or services.
• Enable cost efficient operation through effective application tools and techniques of productivity and cost benefit analysis.
• Identify, describe, analyze and evaluate current strategic issues in Human Resources, discuss and evaluate the connection between business and HR strategy.
• Calculate the potential market for a company’s products and services, and prepare marketing plans for selling those products and services to a particular targeted market segment.
• Identify and evaluate ethical dilemmas related to business decisions.
• Explain strategy development and show ability in the preparation of original corporate plans.
The Executive M.B.A. degree programme is mainly designed to accommodate non-business degree holders from a wide range of academic disciplines but graduates in business disciplines are also welcomed. All applicants must have at least three years work experience in an administrative position.
Persons who successfully complete an Executive Master of Business Administration degree will have the opportunity to advance their career prospects and job opportunity in mid-to-upper level management professions at organizations of all sizes and types both in the private and public sector of the economy.
Click here to access the Programme of Study applicable from 2019/0.
Last Updated: 3 May 2019
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication. The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints. Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice. Unless for exceptional approved reasons, no changes to the programme of study for a particular academic year will be made once the students' registration period for that academic year begins.