|LEVEL||02 - Years 2, 3 in Modular Undergraduate Course|
|DEPARTMENT||Art and Art History|
|DESCRIPTION||The study tour is intended to establish that personal contact between the student and the work of art or architecture which is essential in a History of Art course. It is organized with specific areas of study in mind. Hons. candidates are strongly encouraged to register for at least one study tour during the duration of the course.
To establish that intimacy with the work of art that is essential to an aspirant art historian.
1. Knowledge & Understanding:
• The study unit is designed to bring the student into intimate contact with important works of art and architecture.
• The ability to examine and discuss intelligently the works of art and architecture that are in the focus of the study tour.
• Ability to come to that intimate meaningful terms with works of art that are essential to a full artistic appreciation.
• At the end of the study unit the student will be in a better position to properly contextualise specific works of art and architecture.
|ADDITIONAL NOTES||This study-unit is offered to History of Art, History of Art with Fine Arts, and Fine Arts students only.
Attendance: Attendance for the study-unit is not obligatory.
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the description above applies to study-units available during the academic year 2020/1. It may be subject to change in subsequent years.