|TITLE||Getting Published: The Journal Article (Humanities, Education and Law)|
|LEVEL||D - Doctoral Workshops/Symposium|
|ECTS CREDITS||Not Applicable|
|DESCRIPTION||This workshop will deal with the process of preparing articles for publication, in particular negotiating the peer review process, which is the basis for all credible published work. The workshop will be organised along four broad research domains and will be led by University of Malta academics who are actively involved in journal editing in their respective fields.
By the end of this workshop, doctoral researchers should:
- be aware of how to approach the publication process systematically;
- have insight into the needs of readers and reviewers;
- be more aware of skills required to write journal articles;
- be aware of the processes involved in dealing with the peer review process;
- understand the purpose of each section in a research paper;
- understand how online platforms have changed how research papers are discovered and read.
|ADDITIONAL NOTES||Timetable Details
Occ AE - Date: 21 Jan 2020; Time: 17:00 - 20:00; Duration: 3 hours
Occ A - Date: 13 May 2020; Time: 09:00 - 12:00; Duration: 3 hours
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the study-unit description above applies to the academic year 2019/0, if study-unit is available during this academic year, and may be subject to change in subsequent years.