|TITLE||Français pour grands débutants niveaux A1.1|
|LEVEL||01 - Year 1 in Modular Undergraduate Course|
|DESCRIPTION||This study-unit is the introductory basis of the Certificate Course in French. It introduces complete beginners to the study of the language, exposing learners to level-appropriate oral conversations and written texts and training them to produce simple utterances and written sentences.
To enable learners to carry out simple functions and recognise simple notions in French, to stimulate interest in and curiosity about the language and to start developing the four linguistic competences: reading, listening, speaking and writing.
1. Knowledge & Understanding:
By the end of the study-unit the student will be able to use adequate and relevant vocabulary, multiple structures and speech acts in order to:
- introduce himself/herself;
- use appropriate greetings;
- describe other people;
- read and listen to short texts;
- write simple sentences to express the above.
By the end of the study-unit the student will be able to:
- listen to and recognise familiar words and very basic phrases concerning oneself, one's family and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly;
- read and understand simple sentences, for e.g. on notices and posters or in catalogues;
- interact by asking and answering simple questions on familiar topics;
- fill in a form with personal details and write short, simple messages.
Main Text/s and any supplementary readings:
Alter Ego + 1, Méthode de Français, Livre de l'élève, Hachette 2012.
Alter Ego +1, Cahier d’activités.
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the description above applies to study-units available during the academic year 2020/1. It may be subject to change in subsequent years.