|TITLE||Practical Project - Health Care Services|
|LEVEL||05 - Postgraduate Modular Diploma or Degree Course|
|DESCRIPTION||Be able to utilise the knowledge and skills obtained from the attachments and tutorials to practical area within the health care services division. Each of the students will be assigned with a designate specialist within the area and a priority area will be identified. The student will be assisted to define the priority area and develop a project, report, guidelines, policy or risk assessment according the the particular area. This will enable the student to apply the skills acquired to a practical area.
Have a good understanding and develop the skills to apply the knowledge gained within the competency of the Health care services Division to a practical project.
1. Knowledge & Understanding:
By the end of the study-unit the student will have active knowledge of the following actions:
- ensure that service delivery entities are operating in line with the identified policy, strategy, regulations and standards.
- ensuring governance of Health Care services.
- developing synergies and maintaining an integrated continuum of services at both community and institutional level, establishing an effective intersectoral partnership, monitoring, improving and supporting the operations of all service providers within the Division, and account for their performance and outcomes.
- advise on patients’ and users’ needs and on matters of service provision and practices.
By the end of the study-unit the student will be able to apply the knowledge gained to practical skills in a specific problem or area.
Main Text/s and any supplementary readings
- Public Health. Turnock Bernard J. 4th Edition. Jones and Bartlett 2009.
- European Health Interview Survey 2008 (Malta) - Summary Statistics (Ministry for Social Policy 2009).
- European Health Interview Survey 2008 (Malta) - Utilisation of Health Care Services (Ministry for Social Policy 2009).
- Documents at Web site of the Health Care services Division at www.health.gov.mt
- Other material distributed during attachment
|STUDY-UNIT TYPE||Independent Study, Project & Tutorials|
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the study-unit description above applies to the academic year 2019/0, if study-unit is available during this academic year, and may be subject to change in subsequent years.