|LEVEL||00 - Mod Pre-Tert, Foundation, Proficiency & DegreePlus|
|ECTS CREDITS||Not Applicable|
|DEPARTMENT||Degree Plus Programme|
• To familiarize oneself with the Greek alphabet, phonetics and accentuation system;
• To develop one's reading skills through simple phrases;
• To acquire knowledge of basic grammatical rules applied to Modern Greek;
• To acquire confidence and articulate simple phrases of vital importance used in everyday language;
• To acquire knowledge, through the use of appropriate sources, of Greece from a cultural point of view.
In keeping with the spirit of Degree Plus, there is no formal assessment associated with the unit. A certificate of attendance and of satisfactory completion of the unit will be provided at the end of the semester.
Appropriate unit material will be provided by the tutor during the sessions.
|ADDITIONAL NOTES||This unit may not be offered if there are an insufficient number of applicants.|
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT||
|LECTURER/S||Joseph Noel Grima (Co-ord.)
The University makes every effort to ensure that the published Courses Plans, Programmes of Study and Study-Unit information are complete and up-to-date at the time of publication. The University reserves the right to make changes in case errors are detected after publication.
The availability of optional units may be subject to timetabling constraints.
Units not attracting a sufficient number of registrations may be withdrawn without notice.
It should be noted that all the information in the description above applies to study-units available during the academic year 2020/1. It may be subject to change in subsequent years.