Malta Educational Research Association
The Malta Educational Research Association (MERA) is a voluntary, professional and scientific association engaged in educational research.
The Association organises its activities in the territory of the Republic of Malta.
The purposes of the Association are:
In order to fulfill its purposes the Association
- to promote and organise educational research and support educators to contribute to the overall social development through research in the domain of education
- to encourage the study of relevant theoretical and practical problems in education
- to support the professional and scientific activities of its members
- to contribute to the research capacity building
- to contribute to the highest ethics standards and quality of educational research
- to liaise researcher members with education policy makers
- to liaise researcher members of the Association with international organisations.
will seek and join membership of similar international and regional organisations. As well, the Association will be receptive to collaboration with other scientific and professional organisations. Statute of the Malta Educational Research Association.
To achieve the adopted goals and objectives
, the Malta Educational Research Association will conduct and/or initiate its own research activity, organise scientific and professional meetings; support the work of its members, facilitate the exchange of research-related information and organise other forms of collaborative research work.
is available to individuals engaged or interested in educational research, assessment or evaluation of educational practice. Members of the Malta Educational Research Association may be regular, honorary or associate members.
MERA members are expected to
- Regular members of the Malta Educational Research Association are educators who are engaged in research in the Republic of Malta.
- Honorary members of the Association are, Maltese educators, nationals living or working abroad who provide a significant contribution to the development of MERA.
- Associate Members of may be students and educators from Malta and other countries who are engaged in educational research and wish to contribute to the work of MERA.
- actively contribute to attainment of MERA goals
- participate in activities of MERA in accordance with their interests
- take a direct part in decision-making
- perform activities entrusted to them by MERA Administrative Board
- abide by the provisions of MERA decisions
- pay yearly membership fee on a regular basis.
Download the MERA Flyer.
Faculty of Education, Room 231
University of Malta
Msida, MSD 2080
Tel: +356 2340 2932