AIMS - the administrative information management system we use at UM.AIMS is an integrated Enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution designed for service-based organisations like the University of Malta (UM) that need financial accounting and other back office software integrated with a broader range of core business functions in a single unified system. AIMS is utilised for operational support and strategic management across an impressive range of business core functions including:
- financial management
- procurement management
- human resources and payroll
- project management
- budget management and control
- reports and analytics
- business process automation.
AIMS is a highly adaptable and portable solution which along the years has been interfaced with other UM IT systems such as SIMS, Identity Management Systems, E-Procurement, Time & Attendance, Payment Gateway and Standard Operating Procedures.
Only UM members of staff can access AIMS Web to carry out a number of functions:
- raising and/or approving departmental or project-based financial and absence transactions, sales orders, requisitions and timesheets
- monitoring above-mentioned approval processes through graphical representations and logbooks
- viewing procurement, HR and payroll documentation
- keeping track of departmental and projects' budgets and expenditure
- viewing absence detailed and balance reports.
Members of staff, who need to access the system, are advised to refer to our resources page for guidance on the procedure to obtain access to AIMS and for training on how to use AIMS.