1. A Platform for the Teaching of Ethics in Schools is being set up within the Faculty of Education as an initiative of the Department of Education Studies.
2. The aims of the Platform are the following:
(a) to undertake, promote, facilitate and coordinate the study of teaching of Ethics in schools;
(b) to collaborate with local and foreign centres, schools, programmes and individuals working in the area of teaching Ethics for research and training purposes;
(c) to encourage publication of research on the teaching of Ethics;
(d) to develop curricular and pedagogical material for the teaching of Ethics;
(e) to promote the general dissemination of Ethics in schools;
(f) to hold seminars and workshops;
(g) to participate in EU projects (as supported by the Erasmus+ project)
3. The Platform shall have the following structure:
(a) a Board consisting of the Coordinator and six other members, appointed by Senate on the recommendation of the Rector, after consultation with the Head of the Department of Education Studies and the Dean of the Faculty of Education;
(b) the Chairman shall be appointed by Senate on the recommendation of Rector chosen from amongst the members of the Board
(c) the appointment of the coordinator and the members of the Board shall be for one year, which can be renewed.
4. The Board of the Platform shall at least meet twice a year.
5. The Platform will operate as a cost centre, subject to the University’s financial regulations.
Approved by Senate on 22 March 2018, amended on 9 May 2019