Are you a third country national planning to study at UM?

We have good news for you.

If you are a third country national pursuing a full-time course at UM you are now allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week after your first three months of study in Malta. So, if this is the case, you can apply for a work permit upon the issuance of a residence permit. It must also be noted that your application for a work permit will be considered more favourably if the employment offer is related to your chosen area of studies.

And there is more

As of this year, if you successfully finish your studies at UM you can also extend your residence and work in Malta for six months. The extension of stay is subject to the presentation of your valid full-refund medical health insurance and sufficient means of subsistence. The purpose of this extended authorisation to stay in Malta is aimed at helping you start a career in Malta.

For further information about the terms and conditions, we advise you to have a look at this page   and the jobplus website.

Wishing you all the best for your study journey with us. We strive to enrich your student experience to the max.