- Best Paper Award: N. Yannakakis, R. Cowie, and C. Busso, 'The Ordinal Nature of Emotions,' in Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII), 2017.
- IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing -- Most Influential Paper Award: G. N. Yannakakis and J. Togelius, 'Experience-Driven Procedural Content Generation,' IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 147-161, 2011. (Selected from 168 papers published during the 5 first years of the journal.), 2015
- Best Paper Award: A. Liapis, C. Holmgard, G. N. Yannakakis, and J. Togelius, 'Procedural Personas as Critics for Dungeon Generation,' in Proceedings of Applications of Evolutionary Computation, 2015.
- Stibo-Foundation Award for doctoral studies for the doctoral work of Christoffer P. Holmgaard.
- Best Paper Award: A. Liapis, G. N. Yannakakis, and J. Togelius, 'Designer Modeling for Sentient Sketchbook,' in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games, 2014. IEEE.
- FP7 Marie Curie CIG AutoGameDesign project ranks 1st out of 1102 grant proposals across all disciplines with an evaluation score of 97.2 out of 100, 2014.
- IEEE CIS Outstanding TCIAIG Paper Award for the paper: N. Shaker, G. N. Yannakakis and J. Togelius, 'Crowdsourcing the Aesthetics of Platform Games,' IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, vol. 5, issue 3, pp. 276-290, 2013.
- European Learning Game of 2013 Award: The SIREN Game. Games and Learning Alliance (GALA) Network of Excellence, 2013. (Rilla Khaled was the lead designer of the game; Georgios Yannakakis and Antonios Liapis contributed to the design).
- Best Student Paper Award: A. Liapis, G. N. Yannakakis, J. Togelius, 'Towards a Generic Method of Evaluating Game Levels,' in Proceedings of AAAI Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment Conference (AIIDE), 2013.
- Best Paper Award: A. Liapis, G. N. Yannakakis, J. Togelius, 'Enhancements to Constrained Novelty Search: Two-Population Novelty Search for Generating Game Content,' Proceedings of Genetic and Evolutionary Competition Conference (GECCO), 2013.