Title: Measuring and Understanding Inequality Dynamics in Malta, a Digital Conference organised by the Centre for Labour Studies at the University of Malta
Date: Tuesday 22 June 2021
Time: 09:00 - 11:00
Venue: On Zoom
In 2020, the Centre for Labour Studies (CLS) commissioned two economists, Mr Melchior Vella and Mr Gilmour Camilleri to conduct a study that analysed how income inequalities have changed in Malta over the years and the drivers of such change.
On Tuesday 22 June, the CLS will be hosting an online two hour event where the findings of this study will be presented. The findings and the way forward will then be discussed by a panel of experts which includes representatives of social partner organisations and academics. Online participants will also be invited to ask questions and partake in the discussion.
- 09:00 - Welcome
By Dr Luke Fiorini – Director, Centre for Labour Studies
- 09:05 - Inequalities in Malta
- 09:35 - Panel Discussion
Chaired by Dr Anna Borg - Senior Lecturer, Centre for Labour Studies
With interventions from:
- Mr Kevin Camilleri - Deputy Secretary General, GWU
- Ms Isabelle Farrugia - Assistant Director, UHM – Voice of the Workers
- Mr Joseph Farrugia - Director General, MEA
- Dr Daniel Gravino – Lecturer, Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Management & Accountancy, University of Malta
- Dr Anne Marie Thake - Head of Department, Department of Public Policy, Faculty of Economics, Management & Accountancy, University of Malta
- 10:25 - Comments and questions from online participants
- 10:50 - Reflections and closure
By Professor Godfrey Baldacchino – Chair, Centre for Labour Studies
Attendance is free and open to anybody interested in the topic.
The meeting will be hosted via Zoom. Join us on Tuesday 22 June (09:00 – 11:00).
Register your interest via email by Monday 21 June 2021.