The Academic Programmes Quality and Resources Unit (APQRU) forms part of the Rector’s Office and its main function is to provide administrative support to the Programme Validation Committee (PVC). It also provides administrative support to academic staff in the planning stages of new and updated programmes of study in order to ensure that the processes set up to ensure quality outcomes are followed.
Our Mission Statement
APQRU is dedicated to the facilitation of quality assurance and improvement activities intended to promote a culture of commitment to excellence in the provision of academic services. Our mission is driven by the ultimate aim of supporting teaching and learning and of ensuring that the education provided to our students is of the highest standards.
Our Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist the PVC in the validation of new programmes and study-units.
- To provide on-site and off-site assistance to faculties, departments, institutes, and centres with regard to validation procedures.
- To assist the PVC in its role of providing quality assurance and improvement mechanisms, and of ensuring that academic programmes on offer at the University of Malta are of the appropriate academic standard.
- To track the implementation of recommendations arising from feedback processes.
- To disseminate good practice arising from student feedback.
- To ensure that the student experience and enhancement of that experience is a paramount priority at the University of Malta.
- To develop and implement policy which enables the University to assure itself of the quality and standards of programmes on offer.
- To assist the PVC in its role of ensuring optimal use of available resources.
Pro-Rector for Academic Affairs
Professor Joseph M. Cacciottolo
Ms Jo-Anne Attard
Mr Lionel Attard
Mr Matthew Attard
Ms Maria Debono
Mr Mark F. Borg
Ms Rawia Khayal
Ms Annette Micallef Arnaud
Mr Clive Muscat
Ms Moira Spiteri