Admissions FAQs

Admissions FAQs

Are applications only available online?


How long will it take to fill in and submit the online form?

It should take around ten minutes to complete the online application form. Should you wish to, you can start an application, save it, and complete it at a later date. An application is only considered 'submitted' when it has been fully filled in and when the application fee has been paid.

I am not a Maltese citizen but have been living in Malta for a number of years. Am I considered a 'local' or an 'overseas' applicant?

It is your qualification type, not your nationality, that determines whether you are a 'local' or an 'overseas' applicant. In this context, the term ‘local' applicant is not and cannot be considered synonymous with ‘EU/EEA' applicant. Applicants are considered ‘local’ if, in support of their application, they present one or more of the following qualifications- University of Malta degrees and diplomas

  • Matriculation Certificate
  • MCAST-BTEC Diplomas and MCAST Degrees
  • Institute of Tourism Studies Diplomas
  • ACCA qualifications
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma
  • European Baccalaureate Diploma
  • City & Guilds Diplomas and
  • Certificate in Banking of the Chartered Institute of Bankers.

If you are presenting other qualifications, irrespective of your nationality and/or place of residence, apply as an ‘overseas' applicant.

When starting an application, should I click on Log In or New User?

If you have registered for MATSEC Advanced/Intermediate Level examinations taking place in 2023 you shall be provided with a Username and Password on your Result Slip. If your password starts with 'M' you should select 'Log In' and use these credentials to submit an online application for admission.

On the other hand, if your password does not start with 'M' or you have not registered for any MATSEC examinations this year, please select 'New User'.

It is important to ensure that the username used is unique, and has not been used before towards the submission of any previous application for courses as offered by the University of Malta.

When should I apply for admission to the University of Malta?

Applications for all undergraduate courses are to be submitted online against the relevant application fee up to 20 July 2023 at 14:00. Late applications may be submitted up to 15 September 2023 at 14:00. Late Application fees will be charged. Application fees are non-refundable.

Late Applications will NOT be accepted for:

(a) the M.D. course and (b) Courses/Areas where a limited number of students is indicated.

Furthermore, Late Applications will NOT be accepted for other courses requiring passes in a proficiency/aptitude or other tests set by the individual Faculties, Institutes, Centres, or Schools prior to admission.

Last year I submitted an application to follow a course at UM but I was not eligible. Do I have to submit another application in order to be reconsidered for admission?

Yes. If you want to be re-considered for admission you need to submit a fresh application and pay the relevant application fee.

What do I do if I receive additional/outstanding results after submission of the application?

Send a soft copy of such results to the Admissions and Records Office.

I will be sitting for an examination in the September session. Should I apply before the first deadline?

Yes. You should apply by the first deadline, indicating that you intend to sit for an examination in September.

Students may be allowed to register for concurrent courses if the student’s workload does not exceed 75 ECTS credits per academic year in the case of full-time students or if the student’s workload does not exceed 45 ECTS credits per academic year in the case of part-time students

I am in my final year of a course at UM and I would like to pursue further studies at the University. When should I apply?

If you are a registered student at UM and wish to pursue further studies you should apply by the deadlines indicated even if you are still awaiting the publication of your final classification. You should submit your application as a New User.

If I select ‘Save and Continue Later’ when filling in my application, where should I click to continue?

When you wish to continue your application, select the ‘Continue Application’ button and log in using the username and password you had created when you had started your application the first time. If you have started an application and do not have the required information at hand, you are given the option on each page to save the inputted details and continue your application later by selecting 'Save and Continue Later'. Check each page carefully before proceeding to the next as it will not be possible to effect any changes retroactively.

Is it mandatory to apply for a second preference?

No. This is not mandatory. However, UM recommends that you apply for a second preference course. if:

  • you are not sure that you satisfy all the admission requirements for your first preference course,
  • you will be sitting for examinations in September and/or will be applying for a revision of paper, and
  • your first preference is a limited number course. Applicants choosing a limited number course offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences will only be able to change the order of preferences until 31 August.

Once the acceptance letter is issued for the first preference course, the application for the second preference course will be automatically withdrawn.

Some courses under the International Collaborative Programmes (ICP) cannot be chosen as a second course preference. For more information regarding such courses contact the ICP Office.

Can I apply for a third course preference?

The online application allows applicants to select two (2) course preferences. You can apply for a third preference only if both the first and second course preferences are limited number courses. In this case, the third course preference is to be indicated in the ‘Additional Notes’ section on the online application form. You cannot choose a course with a limit in number as your third preference.

How will I know that the application has been submitted?

The application is submitted when you pay the application fee. After clicking on the ‘Submit Secure Payment’ button at the end of the payment process, you will receive two confirmation emails:

  1. confirmation of payment of the application fee, and
  2. confirmation of receipt of your application, indicating the course/s and/or area/s of study selected. Read this email carefully to recheck the course/s applied for, to avoid disappointments later on.

If you do not receive both emails within 24 hours, send an email to the Admissions and Records Office, and include your ID number.

Do I need to present the original certificates of all my qualifications when submitting the application?

No. At application, stage send scanned copies of the original certificates via email.

If you are a local applicant, send the scanned copies of relevant qualifications directly related to the course/s you applied for, and which are awarded by institutions other than those issued by UM or the MATSEC Board, to the Admissions and Records Office. UM will verify all original certificates after the letters of acceptance have been issued and once the academic year has started.

If you are an overseas applicant, upload the scanned copies to your application, If, due to a technical issue you cannot upload your documents, these must be sent via email to the address indicated on your acknowledgment email within ten days from submission of your application. Failure to submit such documentation will mean that you are no longer interested in pursuing your application.

In cases where the selection of applicants needs to take place, some Faculties may require the submission of certain documents before the selection process gets underway. It is advisable that you check the procedure directly, in good time, with the Faculty offering the course/s you are interested in.

I wish to withdraw my application. Will my application fee be refunded?

Application fees are non-refundable. UM considers refunding the application fee only if the course does not commence due to an insufficient number of qualified applicants.

Which subjects do I need in order to satisfy the University’s General Entry Requirements?

The General Entry Requirements are the Matriculation Certificate and a pass at grade 5 or better in the Secondary Education Certificate examinations in English Language, Maltese and Mathematics. A non-Maltese applicant may be allowed to offer another language as approved by the Admissions Board instead of Maltese. The other language cannot be English, and applicants whose mother tongue is English, shall be required to offer a language other than English instead of Maltese.

The Matriculation Certificate comprises six subjects and is awarded if students obtain a certain number of points including passes in a language, a science subject and a humanistic subject as well as a pass in a subject entitled ‘Systems of Knowledge’. Two of the six subjects must be at Advanced Level, three others at Intermediate Level and Systems of Knowledge.If you pursued your secondary education outside Malta, the University would accept comparable qualifications, provided that the required mix of subjects and levels would is comparable to the Matriculation Certificate.

If I am an overseas applicant, do I still have to present a SEC level pass in Maltese to satisfy the General Entry Requirements?

A non-Maltese applicant may be allowed to offer another language instead of Maltese, as approved by the Admissions Board, provided that it is not English. Applicants whose mother tongue is English shall be required to offer a language other than English, instead of Maltese.Applicants who hold dual citizenship, or who become naturalised Maltese citizens, are required to be in possession of a pass in Maltese at SEC level for entry to a course at UM.All M.D. applicants who are not in possession of a SEC pass in Maltese at Grade 5 or better and are allowed to offer another language instead of Maltese in terms of the Admissions Regulations, 2016, must present a Medical Maltese Proficiency Certificate which is awarded if applicants pass an examination set by UM prior to the commencement of the course.  More details about the Medical Maltese Proficiency Certificate can be found here.

I have completed a Certificate/Diploma which gives me access to Higher Education in my home country. Is this qualification accepted by UM?

The qualifications you present from your home country in support of your application are independently evaluated by UM to assess the comparability against national framework levels.

Am I eligible to apply for the Certificate in Foundation Studies course?

The Certificate in Foundation Studies is a bridging course specifically designed to enable students who have completed their secondary or high school education abroad, and are eligible to join a University course in their country, to qualify for admission to an undergraduate degree course at UM. The Certificate in Foundation Studies is offered only to applicants who have completed their secondary and/or high school education abroad within an educational system that is not comparable to the Maltese educational system (in terms of curriculum, years of study, etc) and are in possession of qualifications allowing access to higher education in the country where such qualifications originate but are deemed to require further study to be admitted to undergraduate courses at UM. EU, non-EU and Maltese dual citizens who previously studied abroad and then joined higher secondary schools in Malta for more than one year shall not be admitted to the course.

I noticed that the subjects which make up the Matriculation Certificate Examination are divided in different groups.  How would I know which subjects I have to choose to present the required mix?

Go through the criteria for the award of the Matriculation Certificate, including the mix of subjects required.

I have overseas qualifications. Is the recognition and/or comparability certificate issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) binding on UM?

The statement issued by MQRIC is taken into consideration but the UM further evaluates the qualifications to determine whether that particular qualification satisfies the entry requirements.

How do grades obtained in subjects taken at Advanced Level set by GCE Examining Boards compare to grades obtained in subjects taken at Advanced Matriculation Level set by the MATSEC Board?

Go to the webpage for full details.

How does the European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma compare with the Matriculation Certificate and SEC Requirements for the purpose of admission to the University of Malta?

Go to the webpage for full details.

How does the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma compare with the Matriculation Certificate and SEC Requirements for the purpose of admission to the University of Malta?

Go to the webpage for full details.

I will be submitting an application for a course offered by UM. What documents do I need to send?

If presenting overseas qualifications, you will be required to upload:

  1. Certified copies of your qualifications, including certificates and transcripts in the original language, as well as certified English translations, if necessary. Please bear in mind that, if you are offered a place on your selected course, you will be obliged to present all your original certificates to the International Admissions Office for verification before you can enrol on your course.
  2. A Secure English Language Test (SELT) result from one of the University’s approved Examining Boards or a declaration from your local Test Centre confirming when you will be taking such a test. Find out more about the University’s English Language requirement for applicants with international qualifications.
  3. A detailed Curriculum Vitae, showing qualifications and work experience gained after leaving secondary school.
  4. Any documents that have to be presented for your particular course/s application.

The documents must be scanned as separate attachments, in jpeg, gif or pdf format only, and uploaded on your online application.

I speak English fluently and I think I satisfy UM's English Language requirement. Am I exempted from presenting a Secure English Language Test (SELT) result?

All applicants who have not studied in Malta, including those who may be considered under the maturity clause, are obliged to satisfy UM's English Language requirement by presenting a Secure English Language Test (SELT) result at the required levels and by the stipulated deadlines. Maltese nationals who completed their secondary education abroad and are presenting overseas qualifications also need to present a SELT result if they are not in possession of a pass in English Language at GCSE/Intermediate/Advanced Level. Find out all about UM's English Language Requirements.

I have studied English in my home country. Is this acceptable to satisfy the University's English Language requirement?

Applicants who are nationals of English-Speaking Countries, and have completed their secondary education certificate in the same country, as well as applicants who successfully completed a full degree at a recognized Higher Education Institution countries, may be exempted from presenting a SELT Certificate. The list of such countries can be found here.

Who offers Secure English Language Tests in Malta?

A number of the leading Examining Boards have accredited Test Centres around the world, including Malta. Check out their respective websites to find out where the local Test Centres are located. The Malta University Language School (MULS) also organises courses validated by UM and certificates awarded by MULS are acceptable for admission to UM courses.

Is the ECDL Certificate comparable to an O level or an A level?

The ECDL Certificate is pegged at Level 3 of the MQF. This means that although it is on the same level as a Secondary Education Certificate (SEC), it cannot be used as a replacement for a SEC pass.

The ECDL Advanced and ECDL Expert Certificate are pegged at Level 4 of the MQF on the same level as an Advanced Level Certificate. However this does not imply that candidates can use the ECDL Expert Certificate to satisfy the requirement of an Advanced Level pass.

UM does not accept ECDL Certificates to satisfy course requirements where a SEC, Intermediate or Advanced Level pass are required.

I need to sit for the ECDL tests. Where can I register for them?

The list of ECDL Accredited Test Centres is available online.

Do all courses require ECDL? 

When the ECDL Certificate is one of the admission requirements for a particular course, this will be indicated in the course Bye-Laws which can be accessed from the Course Finder facility available at

I hold a pass at Advanced Level in Computer Studies. Am I exempted from presenting an ECDL Certificate?

No, in this case you are not exempted. The ECDL requirement can only be waived in the case of applicants with a first degree in Computing.

What is the ‘maturity (adult learners) clause’? When is it applicable?

In terms of the Admissions Regulations, the University may consider admitting persons as regular students if they will have reached the age of 23 by the beginning of the course for which they would have applied. Admittance is not based on age only; applicants are normally assessed during an interview and/or other form of assessment to ascertain their commitment, and that their academic background is adequate to follow the selected course with profit.

I am applying for a course under the ‘maturity (adult learners) clause’. Should I fill in a special application? 

No, applicants who wish to be considered under the ‘maturity (adult learners) clause, need not fill any special application. The standard online application form is to be filled in by mature applicants. Such submissions should be done by selecting NEW USER.

Do I have to satisfy any requirements to apply under the ‘maturity (adult learners) clause’?

Applying under the ‘maturity (adult learners) clause’ does not automatically guarantee entry to all courses offered by UM. Different Faculties may lay out different requirements for adult learners, such as attending for a selection interview, sitting for proficiency tests, and/or presenting the European Computer Driving License (ECDL) Certificate. Applicants may also be required to submit a Learning Portfolio. It is best to liaise directly with the F/I/C/S concerned to determine what the requirements would be. Over and above this, all applicants who completed their secondary education overseas would need to present a Secure English Language Test (SELT) result. Find out more details about SELT.

I will be submitting an application to join the course leading to a Doctor of Medicine and Surgery (M.D.) in October 2023 but I will be presenting qualifications other than the Matriculation Certificate in support of my application. How will my application be evaluated?

Applicants for this course are required to satisfy UM’s General Entry Requirements as well as the Special Course Requirements for the M.D. course. Check all details.

In the case of applicants who pursued their secondary education outside Malta, UM would accept comparable qualifications.

Check all details for applicants presenting overseas qualifications.

Check all details for applicants presenting the International Baccalaureate Diploma and the European Baccalaureate Diploma.        

I understand that I will need to carry out clinical placements in Maltese state hospitals but I don’t speak Maltese. Will I cope?

Clinical placements in Maltese state hospitals are an integral part of the medical programme of studies at UM. After feedback received, to uphold standards and ensure that all medical students are able to communicate adequately with both patients and hospital staff all non-Maltese applicants, who are not in possession of a Secondary Examination Certificate (SEC) pass in Maltese at Grade 5 or better, must present a Medical Maltese Proficiency Certificate. This qualification is awarded if applicants pass an examination set by the University prior to the commencement of the course. This also applies to Maltese applicants who may be allowed to offer another language instead of Maltese in terms of the Admissions Regulations.

In such situation, applicants presenting local qualifications must submit their application for the M.D. course by not later than 15 March at 2pm.

The Department of Maltese at UM has designed a programme in Medical Maltese for the benefit of applicants who are interested in following the course to help them prepare themselves for the examination. Applicants may opt to register for the course and examination or for the examination only. Applicants who are not successful in the examination will not be admitted to the M.D. course even if all other entry requirements are satisfied.

I am currently following a University course but would like to change to a different course/area. Can I submit a Change of Course request?

No. Students who were already registered in any year of a course in the previous academic year, and wish to change their course/area of study to start another course, are requested to apply for a new course through our course application page

I have already submitted my online application for the upcoming academic intake, but now I wish to amend, invert, or choose a different course to the one/ones I had included in my online application. May I do that?

Yes. You may request to amend/invert/change your course preferences by submitting a Change of Course request. However, please note that Change of Course requests can only be processed towards courses that are still open and accepting applications for admission at the time of your request. Given that some courses do not accept applications after a given deadline, Change of Course requests submitted towards these courses after this deadline may not be accepted and/or processed. However, applicants may still have the option to invert the order of their existing preferences, only if such courses allow it. For your reference, course application dates & deadlines are indicated on the official October List of Courses, and a list of courses which allow inversion of preferences after the above mentioned deadline, is listed on the Change of Course page

Can I submit a Change of Course request towards courses which accept a limited number of students?

Yes. You may submit a Change of Course request towards limited number courses up until the first deadline/s of UG & PG applications as indicated in the Dates and Deadlines page. After this deadline/s, and if the courses allow it, applicants may only be able to invert the order of their preferences (no change of areas allowed) up until a given date as indicated on the conditions & criteria Change of Course page.

I would like to change the mode of attendance. Do I need to submit a Change of Course request?

Yes. Applicants wishing to change the mode of attendance of their course from full-time to part-time and/or vice versa, are also required to submit a Change of Course request

If I have received an admissions letter for my 1st preference, can I change my mind and request to be considered for my 2nd preference, or for any other course?

It depends. Please note that once you are accepted for your 1st preference course, your 2nd preference course will automatically be withdrawn. If by that time you still wish to be considered for your 2nd preference course, or would like to change to any other course, you may only submit a Change of Course request as long as those courses are still open and accepting applications for admission at the time of your request. Submission of Change of Course requests towards CLOSED courses may not be accepted and/or processed. Courses which are CLOSED are indicated on the official October List of Courses.

If I withdraw from a course, and change it to another course, can I subsequently submit another change of course request to change back to the original course preference/s I had withdrawn from?

It depends. If you withdraw from any of your course preferences, and subsequently, applications for these courses has since CLOSED for admissions, you may not be able to re-include these courses again in subsequent Change of Course requests. Submission of Change of Course requests towards CLOSED courses may not be accepted and/or processed. Courses which are CLOSED are indicated on the official October List of Courses.

Are Change of Course requests free of charge?

Change of course requests are free of charge until the first deadline of UG and PG applications. Applicable Change of Course fees will apply thereafter, in which case your requests would not be processed unless online payment is affected for each Change of Course request. Change of Course fees are non-refundable.

What happens after I submit my Change of Course request?

Once an applicant submits their change of course request, it is reviewed and processed (where applicable) by the Admissions and Records Office. An acknowledgment email will be then sent to the applicant on the email address provided when the original course application was submitted. If your Change of Course request is accepted, an evaluation process will then be conducted on the new preferred course, and an official admissions letter indicating the outcome of your new course application will be issued once the vetting process is concluded.

Refer to the Conditions & Criteria listed in the Change of Course page for further guidance.

I have paid my application fee and submitted my application. How long will it be before I have news about the progress of my application?

There are a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration. The time taken to process an application could depend on the following:

  • whether the course being applied for is a limited number course (in which case the ranking of eligible applicants takes place in September),
  • whether the course is a first cycle or second cycle degree because, in case of the latter, more reviewers would need to be involved, and
  • whether an applicant is submitting local or overseas qualifications because, in the case of overseas qualifications, comparability needs to be determined; at what stage of the admissions cycle the application is submitted, and so on.

Because of these reasons, it is impossible to identify specific timeframes for reviewing applications with accuracy. However, the University of Malta remains committed to working within reasonable turnaround times in the interest of its prospective students and to issuing letters of acceptance as early as possible.

Do I need to present my original certificates once I have been accepted?

For applicants presenting local qualifications, UM issues letters of acceptance based on the qualifications indicated on your application form. For authentication purposes, you are to present your original certificates to the Faculty.

For applicants presenting overseas qualifications, UM issues letters of acceptance based on the qualifications submitted with your online application. For authentication purposes, you are to present your original certificates to the International Admissions office during dates as indicated here.

When will I be able to enrol on my course?

The enrolment timing differs for students presenting local and overseas qualifications. Students considered as local candidates receive an enrolment email soon after their letter of acceptance is issued, whereas overseas students will only receive their enrolment email once their qualifications have been verified by the International Admissions Office. Enrolment is done online, normally during the first weeks of the academic year.

Do I have to submit a Police Conduct Certificate together with my application?

If you apply for a course that requires the submission of a Police Certificate of Conduct you will be asked to present this document upon the commencement of the course. The courses that have this requirement are indicated on the list of courses. Should you fail to submit this document, your studies at the university will be terminated. 

Where do I obtain the Police Conduct Certificate from?

The police conduct certificate may be obtained from the Criminal Records Office at the Police General Headquarters in Floriana. Further information is available online.

Where and when do I have to submit my Police Conduct Certificate?

You will be required to submit the original copy of your recent police conduct certificate (issued not more than 6 months before) to your home F/I/C/S's Officer in charge at the beginning of the academic year.

I intend to apply for a scholarship/sponsorship (like ‘Endeavour’, TESS, ARTS Scholarships) in relation to my application to follow a course with the University of Malta.  Should I apply for the course before I submit the scholarship/sponsorship application form?

Yes. You need to submit the online application before submitting the scholarship/sponsorship application form as you need the acknowledgement email received on successful submission of the course application.

If you are applying for scholarships administered by the Scholarships Unit within the Ministry for Education and Employment, you are encouraged to submit the University application at the earliest so that letter of acceptance is issued by the Scholarships Unit's established deadline.
If you apply for one of these scholarships after submitting the University application form, make sure you inform the Admissions and Records Office.

I have previously been a UM student and now need to present a transcript to the Scholarships Unit because I have applied for a scholarship. Where do I get this from?

You can get this from the Admissions and Records Office. To apply for a transcript fill in the opposite online form and in the ‘Notes’ section, indicate that you have applied for a scholarship. Bear in mind that more time is required by the Office to prepare transcripts for studies completed prior to 2003 as no electronic records were kept at the time. The deadline for submitting the transcript is determined by the Scholarships Unit.

Who will inform the Scholarships Unit that I am accepted to follow a course at UM?

If you are accepted, the Admissions & Records Office will send the letter by email to the Scholarships Unit by the stipulated deadline. A copy of the letter will be mailed to you.

I would like to transfer my studies to UM for one semester/one year. How do I go about it?

UM considers requests from visiting students as:

  1. Exchange Students if a formal agreement exists between the home university and UM
  2. Transfer Students if no formal agreement exists.

For further information contact the International Office.

I am interested in transferring the study-units I have completed at my home university and wish to graduate from UM. Will this request be considered?

Yes, this request may be considered. You must submit the application for the course you wish to join and upload a detailed transcript showing the modules and grades you have obtained from your home university. UM will then evaluate whether the modules you followed are comparable in content and level to those at UM. You will then be notified on whether your request has been acceded to, through an official letter. 

Are limited number courses on a first come first served basis?

No, absolutely not. Applications for limited number courses are considered according to the published selection criteria.

Applicants choosing a limited number course offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences will only be able to change the order of their preferences until the 31 August. The application for the second preference course will be automatically withdrawn, once a letter of acceptance is issued for the course of the first preference.

I have noticed that apart from tuition fees, a number of postgraduate programmes of study may also charge ‘bench fees’. What are bench fees?

Bench fees cover the cost of consumable materials, as well as the use of facilities and specialised equipment which may not be available at UM (refer to Legal Notice 258 of 2009). Bench fees are established on a case-by-case basis.

What is a semester? 

An academic year consists of two semesters, each incorporating 14 weeks of teaching, two weeks of recess, and examination periods of two weeks at the end of the first, and of four weeks at the end of the second semester. Some postgraduate Master's programmes include a third semester which runs from June to October.

What are ECTS credits? 

The allocation of credits to study-units forming part of a Programme of Study follows the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) proposed by the European Commission. ECTS credits reflect the quantity of work each study-unit requires in relation to the total quantity of work necessary to complete a full year of academic study, that is, lectures, practical work, seminars, tutorials, fieldwork, private study in the library or at home and examinations or other assessment activities.  ECTS credits are a numerical value (between 1 and 60) allocated to study-units to describe the student workload required to complete them. For the purpose of calculating equivalence 2 UK credits are equivalent to 1 ECTS credit.

What type of Masters Programmes are offered at UM?

Master’s programmes can have both taught and research components. The research element of a Mainly by Research programme significantly outweighs the taught element, whereas Mainly Taught programmes have a significant taught component. 

Applications for most Master's degrees mainly by research may be submitted at any time of the year. Enrolment for such degrees takes place on 1 October, 1 December, 1 February, 1 April and 1 June. When submitting an online application, indicate the month when they intend to start the course in the free text section. Read all details regarding possible entry points.

Did not find what you were looking for?

Contact us.
If you are presenting local qualifications, send an email to the Admissions Office.
If you are presenting overseas qualifications, send an email to the International Admissions Office.

The Office is open from Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays):
Summer: 16 June - 30 September from 08:00 to 13:00
Winter: 1 October - 15 June from 08:00 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:30

For you to note

The information contained herein is intended for guidance purposes only and is a reflection of UM's Admissions Regulations, Course regulations and bye-laws and approved administrative practices in force at the time. However, for the purposes of interpretation of this information, said Regulations and Bye-Laws shall prevail.